Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gluten Free Grad

the Gluten Free Grad - Let's Get Cookin!

I am currently sitting in my school's library, taking a break from running data through SPSS, and thought, "Hey, it's about time I started my blog as the Gluten-Free Grad! For those of you who are in graduate school, cudos! For those of you who are in graduate school and doing your best to avoid gluten, then I know your hell.  It is difficult enough trying to juggle readings, research, and your own philosophical paradigm, much less not being able to eat 90% of the existing and oh so scrumptious study snacks.  I have perused the existing GF cookbooks and blogs out there, and while I have found many things that were quite tasty, they often take a lot of time to make, are loaded with sugar, or contain a chemical compounds that should remain in chemistry sets, not food.  

As your gluten-free grad guru (10 points for alliteration) I will share with you delicious gluten-free recipes and tips that conform to the graduate lifestyle- quick to prepare, make in bulk, healthy, transportable, all limbs in-tact when pay at the store, and don't taste like cardboard.  I also hope that this space spurs other gluten-free cooks to share their knowledge.  With these goals in mind, this site is really for anyone who is busy and avoids gluten- be ye Celiac, intolerant, or just not a fan of inflammatory foods.

~GFG

No comments:

Post a Comment